Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace
dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.
Zillow serves the full lifecycle of owning and living in a home: buying, selling, renting, financing, remodeling and more. It starts with Zillow’s living database of more than 110 million U.S. homes – including homes for sale, homes for rent and homes not currently on the market, as well as Zestimate home values, Rent Zestimates and other home-related information. Zillow operates the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps, with more than two dozen apps across all major platforms.
Our Research Principles:
- Zillow Research provides unbiased data and analysis about the housing market in a transparent way. Whenever possible, the team makes code and underlying data available so work can be replicated independently. Methodology is always clearly explained.
- Zillow Research is independent of Zillow’s business goals, and is not a revenue center.
- Zillow Research is open about how data sources and data quality impact research, and is transparent about potential issues with data used.
- Zillow Research benchmarks findings against outside datasets whenever possible to ensure accuracy and appropriate context.
- Zillow Research respects the integrity of data and uses it honestly, and never manipulates data to create a desired result. We are data- and fact-driven.